Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Crazyflie frame v1.7 finished

Finally finished the flie frame v1.7, here is a quick snap I took earlier.
After test first test flight the frame proved to be too heavy and the flie responded very slowly, so I decided to remove the loops around the props to reduce the frame overall weight and improve flight behaviour.


After removing the prop loops the flie performs a lot better and the loopless v1.7 frame seems to be a good compromise between protection and weight whilst still providing reference orientation to the pilot. I will be posting the files in thingiverse by the end of the week. Please do let me know of your thoughts about flying this frame.